Fits ALL 2013-2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission Cars
DOES NOT INCLUDE TRACKEY! USES PROCAL TOOL TO UPGRADE COMPUTER
TracKey or Track Cal - Which is right for me?
How do I purchase and activate the Track Key Software?
- TracKey: Provides the customer a unique key that activates the
calibration once it has been installed. TracKey is sold and installed
exclusively through US and Canadian Ford and Lincoln Dealers. Special
equipment and training is required to install TracKey.
available for some 2014 Mustang GT's with manual transmission (build
date after 7/1/2013).
Check the vehicle information sticker on the edge of the driver's side door for the build date.
- Track Cal: It includes the same Trackey software features and
enhancements but is supplied via our exclusive Pro-Cal flash tool and
installed by the DIY customer. These enhancements are always active but
the lopey idle can be turned off.
Available for ALL 2013-2014 Mustang
GT's with manual
What's In the box:
- Purchase this item for the software license on our website.
- We will send the Procal Voucher to you.
- You will use the Procal Voucher form to register at www.fordracingparts.com and supply Ford Racing with your address, VIN, and PCM part number. Ford Racing will send you a pre-programmed Procal Tool with the Trackey software via UPS Next Day Air to your address.
- Complete installation by following the instructions included with the Procal Tool. For warranty compliance, this step must be done by any local Ford dealer. If warranty compliance is not a concern then you can do this yourself.
- Ford recommends that you be charged about 1 hour for labor but some dealers charge for more time than others. The dealer is instructed in the paperwork to contact the Tech Center to register the installation with Ford for your vehicle's warranty records.
- The various Trackey features are controlled through your instrument cluster. To make this work on all 2013-2014 Mustang GT manual transmission cars, you will not be receiving keys. The trackey cal software will always be in the PCM and will always be working regardless of the key you are using. The 2013 and early 2014 cars have instrument clusters that are not compatible with the Trackey switching so Ford Racing did a workaround using the Procal tool.
- Track Cal Procal Voucher and registration instructions (colored paper)
- Ford Racing performance drop-in filter
- Track Cal instructions
INSTALLATION AND USAGE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT VOID THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY
NOTE: THE TRACKEY SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY AFTERMARKET
SOFTWARE OR THE FORD RACING M-9603-MGTB/M-FR1-MGTB PROCAL TUNE!
YOU HAVE PARTS ON YOUR CAR THAT REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET TUNE OR A
SUPERCHARGER OR TURBO KIT THIS TRACKEY TUNE WILL NOT OVERLAY OR BE
INSTALLED CONCURRENTLY ON THE PCM. INSTALLING THE TRACKEY SOFTWARE WILL
REPLACE WHATEVER WAS ON THE PCM BEFORE.
Track Key is a 50 state emission legal aftermarket engine performance software
upgrade for the 2013-2014 Mustang GT. It is
not compatible with any other model year vehicle.
Recommended Installation/Labor Time: 1 hour. (Some dealers charge more than others)
Trackey Installation Instructions and User Manuals:
Track Key has been designed to optimize your 2013-2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission car for track use and uses
many of the same software algorithms and features employed in some of
our Ford Racing turn-key race cars, such as the Boss 302R, Boss 302S,
and Cobra Jet.
After the Track Cal software is installed using the Procal Tool, many engine
control characteristics are changed to be more suitable for track use.
In addition, the following Ford Racing unique features are added to the vehicle abilities:
- Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT)
- Engine braking
- Ignition timing
- Wide-Open Throttle fueling
- Accelerator pedal map
- Idle speed
- Throttle response
- Driver adjustable Launch Control, or "2-step engine speed limiting"
- Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control
- Lopey idle (idle is as lopey as possible while still being 50 state emissions legal)
- Improved engine performance- Up to 60lb-ft at 1500rpm & peak increases of 16 hp and 7 lb-ft on 93 octane fuel
- Note: As stated in the Trackey Dealer paperwork, customers that experience persistent low rpm "pinging" are encouraged to use a passenger side aftermarket oil separator/catch can.
The pinging has been replicated and diagnosed to be caused by
pressurized crankcase oil vapors that lower the incoming fuel mixture's
octane value. The catch can will eliminate those vapors and will not
affect the Ford Racing 3/36 warranty.
- Diagnostic Trouble Code Reading and Resetting
- Speedometer Recalibration for Tire Size and Rear Axle Ratio Changes
- Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only
"From an engine management standpoint, Ford Racing has
done just about everything possible to give Track Key users a full race
car experience," explains Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer. "Its not intended for use on the street for example, the deceleration
is set up to preserve the brakes, and the throttle response is very
aggressive. A skilled driver on a closed course will really appreciate
As part of the Track Key software package, Ford engineers
also devised a launch control feature similar to that used on the Cobra
Jet race car. Using a combination of steering wheel buttons, drivers can
set the tachometer needle to a desired launch rpm. Floor the throttle
and the engine will rev to the preset rpm until the clutch is released,
helping aid acceleration and vehicle control from a standing start.
Hundreds of changes
The Track Key PCM software, adjusts variable cam
timing, spark maps, engine braking, fuel control, throttle response and
other engine parameters more than 600 in total to provide a
complete race car calibration. The result is an aggressive, race-bred
driving experience all the way down to the lopey idle rumbling the exhaust. It is not compatible to any other model year Mustang.
"Anything that could possibly affect all-out performance
is deleted from the Track Key calibration," said Dave Pericak, Mustang
chief engineer. "Throttle limiting and torque management and any daily
drivability enhancements are removed and replaced with a pure Ford
Racing competition calibration."
TracKey and Track Cal for Mustang GT
NOTE: THE TRACKEY SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY AFTERMARKET SOFTWARE OR THE FORD RACING M-9603-MGTB/M-FR1-MGTB PROCAL TUNE!
- Alters several thousand lines of code and several hundred calibration parameters.
- Are the only calibrations of their type that have gone through the rigorous Ford Racing test procedures.
- Are a 50 state legal aftermarket engine performance software
upgrade for the 2013-2014 Mustang GT with Manual Transmission (TracKey
only available on 2014MY build date after 7/1/2013 date. Check the vehicle information sticker on the edge of the driver's side door for the build date)
IF YOU HAVE PARTS ON YOUR CAR THAT REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET TUNE OR A SUPERCHARGER OR TURBO KIT THIS TRACKEY TUNE WILL NOT OVERLAY OR BE INSTALLED CONCURRENTLY ON THE PCM. INSTALLING THE TRACKEY SOFTWARE WILL REPLACE WHATEVER WAS ON THE PCM BEFORE.