The DiabloSport Intune is pre-loaded with a custom tunes/calibration
for the Airaid 101mm intake. DiabloSport is well known for there Intune tuner and it will unlock the hidden power of your Mustang and
fine tune your vehicle for the added airflow of the Airaid cold air intake.
This package by Speedshop Direct will allow you to use the high quality Airaid cold air intake with the added functionality
and features of the DiabloSport Intune. The DiabloSport Intune is
the most advanced handheld tuning device on the market. The
DiabloSport Intune is superior and unique with the following features:
Ultimately, the Airaid Intake and DiabloSport Intune kit will
allow you to upgrade your vehicles performance by installing this kit
but is also flexible to allow you to adjust the tuning. The
DiabloSport Intune will become a valuable tool during future upgrades
for your vehicle.
- Comes Pre-Loaded with various calibrations including custom tunes
for the Airaid 101mm Intake
- Fast read and write process
- The ability to raise the speed limiter/governor (something the Ford Racing Pro-Cal tool cannot do)
- Allows the end user to adjust fuel, timing, rev limits, shift points etc. (something the Pro-Cal tool cannot do)
- Correct the speedometer for aftermarket tire size and gear ratios
- Includes extra space for 5 custom tunes (something the Pro-Cal tool cannot do)
- Datalog vehicle sensor data (an advanced diagnostic feature that the Pro-Cal tool cannot do)
- Read and erase diagnostic trouble codes for check engine lights
the technological challenges associated with todays complicated engine
management systems, including the one found on the new Mustang, AIRAID
has developed an all-new intake
system that delivers more horsepower and torque, along with a deep
throaty sound, WITHOUT the need for an aftermarket computer programmer.
The Airaid Intake System for 2005-2009 Mustang 4.6L V8 Cars fits:
- 2005-2009 Mustang GT 4.6L V8
- 2007-2008 Shelby GT (must have DiabloSport Intune tune since OEM Shelby GT tuning is for a 90MM intake)
- 2008-2009 Mustang Bullitt (must have DiabloSport Intune tune since OEM Bullitt tuning is for an 85MM intake)
MODULAR VENTURI TECHNOLOGY
AIRAIDs hot, new intake system for the 2005-2009
Mustang 4.6L V-8 (p/n 450-172) is actually two intake systems in one. AIRAIDs
newest Cool Air Dam intake utilizes Modular Venturi Technology to
generate an additional 17 horsepower
and 21 lb/ft of torque while maintaining proper air and fuel ratios across
the entire RPM range WITH THE STOCK PCM TUNING. The system boasts a 4-inch = 101mm roto-molded intake
tube, larger than any other intake
on the market for a BEEFY look, that is mated to a lightweight
composite Cool Air Dam.What makes AIRAIDs system
different from the rest is the Modular Venturi Tube. The MVT is what
maintains proper air/fuel ratios with the stock electronic tuning. But in
order to take advantage of such serious performance bolt on such as
high-lift camshafts, big-port cylinder heads, headers and other
high-performance parts, the MVT can
be removed for even more horsepower and torque gains when used with DiabloSports Intune's included the custom Airaid tunes with the MVT removed. This
gives serious Mustang performance enthusiasts the ability to retain the
AIRAID intake as they add serious performance upgrades
to the car without worrying about the need to upgrade the air intake
for added air flow.
Dyno Results with MVT installed and Stock PCM Tuning on a Loading Mustang Dyno
Unlike many other intake systems that are on the
market today, AIRAIDs new 2005-2009 Mustang 4.6L V-8
intake system makes great horsepower and torque WITHOUT the need for
aftermarket tuning. AIRAIDs Modular Venturi
Technology is the secret and the claims are easily backed up on the
dyno in fact, the 2005 Mustang GT used for this install generated an
additional 17 rear-wheel horsepower
and 21 lb/ft of torque with the factory programming, Modular Venturi
Tube installed, and original
exhaust system. Expect even greater gains with MVT Tube removed and
optional pre-installed DiabloSport Performance tune made for the Airaid
SUPERIOR AIR FLOW AND
FILTRATION AT NO EXTRA COST
The heart of the new Mustang
air intake system is an
AIRAID Premium Synthamax high-flow air filter which
is isolated from engine heat by a computer-designed Cool Air Dam. Synthamax is a synthetic fiber material that traps the smallest dirt
particles that ordinary cotton-gauze performance filters cant
capture without inhibiting air flow. That translates into improved air
flow over stock and dramatically improved throttle response and power.
As is the case with all AIRAID products, the
Mustang Intake System comes with Airaid's No Hassle Warranty.
AIRAID Premium Filters are constructed using the finest materials
available today. All AIRAID Premium Filters utilize a
that wont crack or curl like our competitors rubber units. Filtration
is second to none with the Airaid's proprietary
Synthamax dry synthetic layers. All AIRAID Premium
Filters are 100%
reusable and feature a Lifetime Guarantee. The Synthamax filter can be easily cleaned using common household mild detergents such as Simple Green and Formula 409. Just spray the outside your chosen cleaner, rinse with low pressure water from the faucet, and let it air dry. Easy to do and you don't even have to buy a special "filter cleaning kit".
We test to SAE standard J726, the method for testing fractional
efficiency of a filter. We could say that we capture 99.997 percent of
particles of 10 microns and larger, most air filters, capture the full
range of particulates, even down to 2 microns. Our filters
efficient that we test all the way down to 0.3 microns. At
our filters capture almost twice the percentage of particulates that
our competitors do, and more than 6 times the amount at 0.5
here for the Airaid Installation Instructions
new Mustang Air Intake
System comes complete with all the necessary mounting hardware and
complete, detailed instructions for easy installation. The install can
be accomplished by the average driveway mechanic in about an hour. The
following photos highlight a typical installation. If youre a 4.6L V8
Mustang owner looking to unleash the hidden horsepower and torque that
sitting under the hood of your car, without the use of aftermarket
programmers, then AIRAIDs new 4.6L V8 Mustang intake
system is worth checking out.
The DiabloSport Intune is also very easy to install:
- Plug the Intune cable into your diagnostic port located under the driver side dash.
- The Intune will turn on and boot up to a menu screen. (If the Intune screen does not light-up, then replace your cigarette lighter fuses)
- Proceed to installation, agree to the disclaimer, and choose the appropriate tune:
- If leaving the MVT insert inside of the intake tube, then choose from the standard Diablo tunes. There are different tunes for different octane fuels used in the vehicle.
- If you are removing the MVT insert from the intake tube, then you must choose from the Airaid CAI tune(s). There are tunes for other CAI (cold air intakes) listed but you must choose from the Airaid CAI tunes when you are removing the MVT insert from the intake tube.
- You can also choose to modify any of the tunes to correct the speedometer, raise speed governor, and other advanced parameters.
- The DiabloSport Intune will record and save your original OEM software and then install the new tune you chose. You will prompted to go through a series of key cycles and screen prompts during this process.
- Total install time for the tuning during the initial installation is about 15 minutes.